The New Hampshire Excellence in Education Awards
It is the purpose of the New Hampshire Excellence in Education Awards
Program ("ED"ies) to recognize New Hampshire schools, educators, and programs who
meet high standards of excellence. The criteria used in selecting outstanding
individuals to be honored are determined by their sponsoring organizations.
Major statewide education associations determine awards in categories
such as teaching and school administration. The awards for the outstanding
elementary, middle, and secondary schools are determined by criteria developed
by the New Hampshire Excellence in Education Awards Board of Directors
and applied by selection committees composed of experienced New Hampshire
educators and community leaders. The committees study school applications
and assess schools through on-site visitations. The selection committees
determine if schools deserve recognition as schools of excellence, and
the winners are announced at the annual New Hampshire Excellence in Education
Awards Celebration. All New Hampshire public schools are invited to demonstrate their excellence.
Applicants will be assessed against the following competencies:
- The curriculum and instructional practices are presented in a rigorous, relevant and engaging learning environment.
- The school organizes community members, ensuring they all have a role in building the school’s climate and culture.
- The school’s vision, mission and goals are clearly articulated, well communicated and guide practice.
- The school has an effective system for utilizing data and information that supports personalization.
- There is a culture of empowerment among students, staff, teachers, administration, and community members.
How to Apply:
School nominations will be accepted from community members, educators
and anonymously. A nomination can be made by calling 800-852-3358 or by
emailing email@example.com. A nomination
form is available online at www.edies.org.
All nominations will be communicated to the respective school in recognition
of their work and to encourage them to participate in the written application
process. Individual nominations should be made to their sponsoring organizations.
Excellence in Education Awards
58 Regional Drive, Suite 1
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: (603) 228-1231
Fax: (603) 228-2118